Hi All,

I feel I must reply and clarify a few points:

·         The BM roles job description states a degree is desirable, and
experience of working at public events and public speaking is essential.

·         The living wage campaign has been around since 2001 years,
supported  by Boris Johnson and highlighted in the Evening Standard,
Guardian, and Metro newspapers

·         Comparisons to retail, catering, call centres, and other customer
service roles in hospitality are not helpful – these are sectors renowned
for their low pay, low morale, and restrictive working practices.

·         Having worked in workforce development for over 8 years I
understand the need to diversify the workforce. This can be achieved through
engaging with communities, changing the perception of museums, highlighting
what the sector can offer people in their work, careers, life, and decently
paid trainee positions. Low paid temporary work is not a good way to
encourage people into the profession.

Paddy