Dear Yingying,

Thank you very much for your valuable help. I have few more questions and I will be very grateful if you can help/advise:

1) What I was trying to get it was a table with my t-statistic values.

2)Can you please confirm if is correct the fact that:

 In tbss_tstat1,
the intensity value is among 0-3, and FA of controls is
> significant higher than patients in the voxels where intensity is  between 0-0.05 while in tbss_tstat2, the intensity value is also among 0-3, FA of
> patients is significant higher than
> controls in the voxels where intensity is between 0-0.05?
I have 30 controls and 32 patients and the way I defined  up my matrices is as you can see in the attached files: design.mat and design.con (I saved them for you in a .txt format so you can open them). While checking with imglob *_FA.*
I saw first the controls files then the patients files so in the desing.mat I wrote first  my controls with 0 in the first column and 1 in the second column and the I added the patients with 1 and the 0 in the second column.
3) After I ran the randomise:

design_ttest2 design 30 32

randomise -i all_FA_skeletonised -o tbss -m mean_FA_skeleton_mask -d design.mat -t design.con -n 5000 --T2 -V
I don't understand why my matrix changed. If I open now after randomise my design. mat I see first patients with 1 and 0 the controls with 0 and 1. Can you please explain how this is possible?
4) If I visualize the UNTHRESHOLDED t-stats results what's the meaning of the values that comes after -b:

fslview $FSLDIR/data/standard/MNI152_T1_1mm mean_FA_skeleton -l Green -b 0.2,0.8 tbss_tstat1 -l Red-Yellow -b 3,6 tbss_tstat2 -l Blue-Lightblue -b 3,6

I suppose is a threshold only for data visualization or is something else. I saw some people use 1.3,3 instead of 3, 6. Can you pleases explain? Which one is the best to be used?
5) When I check my corrected p-value image:

fslview $FSLDIR/data/standard/MNI152_T1_1mm mean_FA_skeleton -l Green -b 0.2,0.7 tbss_tfce_corrp_tstat1 -l Red-Yellow -b 0.9,1 the only clusters which survived is for a 0.9 threshold. In this case I got two clusters with Z-max = 0.913.
Is this value equal with 1-p so in this case the p value for the two clusters will be 0.087? How is possible to get the same p value for both clusters? I suppose this clusters are not significant statistically since >0.05. Am I right?
Thank you very much for your time and help.
Best regards,Antonella

Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 01:34:25 -0400
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [FSL] t statistics
To: [log in to unmask]

Hi Antonella,

From this command you wrote, you will have the t-map as well.  Look at the folder.  It should have files named tbss_tstats...  Depends on your contrasts ...

For eg, if you have two contrasts (1,2), you will see six files after you run: randomise -i all_FA_skeletonised -o tbss -m mean_FA_skeleton_mask -d design.mat -t design.con -n 5000 --T2 -V

tbss_tfce_corrp_tstat1.nii.gz  -- corrected p value

tbss_tfce_corrp_tstat2.nii.gz  -- corrected p value
tbss_tfce_p_tstat1.nii.gz -- uncorrected p value
tbss_tfce_p_tstat2.nii.gz -- uncorrected p value for contrast 2
tbss_tstat1.nii.gz -- t value for contrast 1  -- that's what you wanted
tbss_tstat2.nii.gz -- t value for contrast 2

you can use following command lines to get the significant t map:
steps
(1) fslmaths tbss_tfce_corrp_tstat1.nii.gz -thr 0.95 tbss_tfce_corrp_tstat1_th95
(2) fslmaths tbss_tstat1.nii.gz -mas tbss_tfce_corrp_tstat1_th95 tbss_tstat1_masked

If you want to know the x,y,z for your corrected map.
(3) cluster -i tbss_tfce_corrp_tstat1.nii.gz -t 0.95 --mm

Hope these are helpful to you.
Cheers,
Yingying

Yingying Wang,  Graduate Student,  Biomedical Engineering,  University of Cincinnati.
Pediatric Neuroimaging Research Consortium, Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center.
MLC 5033, 3333 Burnet Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45229-3039, United States.
O: 513-636-3495    C: 513-833-7448    Email: [log in to unmask]
Blog: http://wang2yg.blogspot.com      Homepage: http://homepages.uc.edu/~wang2yg

>>> antonella torok <[log in to unmask]> 11/3/2011 4:44 PM >>>

Dear FSL experts,

Is theer a way to get the t statistics values in significant clusters from my TFCE results? For TFCE I was using the following command: design_ttest2 design 30 32

randomise -i all_FA_skeletonised -o tbss -m mean_FA_skeleton_mask -d design.mat -t design.con -n 5000 --T2 -V

Thank you for your time and your valuable support.

Best regards,
Claudia

Antonella Kis, PhD
Research Fellow