Dear FMRIB,

In working with resting-state data, as is common I have been bandpass filtering the timeseries data using fslmaths -bptf outside the prestats GUI in FEAT.  When adding motion parameters to the model, it occurred to me that this data has not been filtered in the same way.   This prompted two questions:

1) Normally, in the FEAT GUI, there is a button to "apply temporal filtering" to a given EV.  Is temporal filtering also normally applied to motion parameters included in the FEAT model?

2) If one is doing temporal filtering outside of the GUI, can fslmaths -bptf be used on text files such as the mc/.par file? (I have not had luck with this).  If fslmaths will not work, is there a tool available within FSL to do so? I imagine there must be given the temporal filtering of other EVs in the FEAT GUI.  Of course we could do this in matlab, but I know that -bptf in fslmaths  is not the standard butterworth filter, and I would like to use the same parameters as used on the timeseries data.

Thanks for your advice.

Cheers,
Ted

Ted Satterthwaite, M.D., M.A.