Hi Priti
You may find it useful to read the discussions on these topics in the following papers:
DK Jones, Imaging Med. (2010) 2(3), 341–355
Jbabdi and Johansen-Berg, Brain Connectivity Volume 1, Number 3, 2011

The best ways to ensure that you are not just looking at noise are:
	1. qualitative: look at the trajectories and ensure they follow anatomically plausible routes
	2. quantitative: look at reproducibility across subjects

Cheers,
Saad

--
Saad Jbabdi