Hi Steve,

thanks for the reply and that is a good suggestion. Actually, and I have
already done something similar with dual reg, in which I have used the mask
from one scan type with inputs from the other and vice versa. Do you think
comparing the outputs of these dual regs will us useful?

Also I have thought about doing what you suggested, but I am using scans
from task paradigms. What if cutting off task-related volumes at the end of
the longer scan affects task-related components that are generated across
the length of that scan. Won't this be artificially influencing my data,
even if I take it back to the original individual level scans with dual
reg?

Thanks,
Craig.

On Nov 23 2011, Stephen Smith wrote:

 Hi - if you do as suggested (match volume counts across runs) to get group
maps, you could then run dualreg against the full original datasets?

>Cheers
>
>--------------------
>Stephen M. Smith,  Professor of Biomedical Engineering
>Associate Director,   Oxford University FMRIB Centre
>
>FMRIB, JR Hospital, Headington,
>Oxford. OX3 9 DU, UK
>+44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)
>http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/~steve
>----------------------
>
>On 23 Nov 2011, at 00:38, Craig Moodie <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> Hi David,

   thanks for the reply. I thought of doing this, and it wouldn't matter as
much if I was comparing resting scans. However, I want to compare
task-related ICNs and, therefore, cannot afford to delete any volumes.

   I'm thinking that there must be a way to hijack the command line
melodic. If I can get it to run without anything from the inputreg folder
like the mask or bg_image, this might be possible.

>> Any thoughts anyone?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Craig.
>>

>> On Nov 22 2011, David Soto wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,

    What I do is to use fslroi to make all the runs to have the same
volumes-
>>> eg discarding volumes to match all runs
>>>
>>> the command is fslroi 4Dfileoriginal new4Dfile 0 numberofvolumes
>>>
>>> where 4Dfileoriginal is the original dataset from which you want to cut
>>> new4Dfile is selfexplanatory
>>> 0 equals to the first volume in the run
>>> numberofvolumes  is the number you want to have and which is contained
>>> across all your study runs

    for i in STL01 STL03 STL04 STL05 STL08 STL09 STL10 STL11 STL12 STL13
STL14
>>> STL15 STL16 STL17 STL18 STL19 STL20 STL21 STL22; do for j in run1 run2
>>> run3; do fslroi /home/dsoto/Documents/fmri/stereofsl/$i/$j/4D.nii.gz
    /home/dsoto/Documents/fmri/stereofsl/$i/$j/new4D.nii.gz 0 498; done;
done;

    I am currently completing a data analysis in which I would like to be
able
     to look for shared components across three different scan types that
have
    three different durations and subsequent volume totals. I have been
having
    trouble getting the FSL software to do this due to a volume mismatch in
the
    preprocessing. Hence, I was wondering if it is possible to get around
this
    differences in scans? I would really appreciate the advice and I'll be
sure