Hi Stephanie

I can't oblige with a specific example unfortunately, as the only recent
example I have seen looks to be pretty decent quality (fortunately!)

Question: In obese people (BMI ?30 kg/m2) with diabetes who inject
insulin, are 5mm needles, as compared to 8mm, effective at maintaining
glycaemic control and acceptable to patients?

Original paper: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3118929/

Blog post about it here:
http://www.thediabeteself.net/uncategorized/5mm-needles-may-be-as-good-as-8mm-for-obese-patients-with-type-1-diabetes-or-type-2-on-insulin/

However, I was going to suggest that these sorts of examples are a great
resource for all of us, so would you be willing to summarise and share
your findings with the list?

Also, and this may be of interest to the list in general, the CONSORT
group are collating a Library of Examples (of good reporting practices)
in RCTs.

http://www.consort-statement.org/consort-library/

Conflict of interest: I host the above website, though I haven't been
asked by anyone to post this message.

cheers

Douglas

--
-------------------------
Mr Douglas Badenoch
Director, Minervation Ltd
-------------------------
23 Bonaly Grove
Edinburgh
EH13 0QB
Tel:  +44 131 441 4699
Web:  www.minervation.com
Minervation is a limited company registered in England and Wales
Registered number: 4135916
VAT number: 792674384
Registered Office: Salter's Boat Yard, Folly Bridge, Abingdon Road, Oxford, OX1 4LB, United Kingdom