I think perhaps what is being said is that when values are inadvertently
ignored and needs for basic care are not met compliance is low and evidence
is lost to attrition.

In every discipline there is human error and not all decisions are logic
based. 'Instinctive' fast type one decisions are needed in response to fight
/flight scenarios and may be aided by good procedural knowledge, pattern
recognition and cognitive control but they are applied too when people are
tired, over confident, or stressed and tragically when a type 2 decision
requiring knowledge, logic, reason and considering  choices for multiple
outcomes is needed.

Perhaps when values or personal validity are threatened it provokes a knee
jerk type one decision when the situation would be better managed with a
type 2 decision platform, likewise if an angry bear is coming towards you
that is not a good time to consider it's diet  and personal life in detail.
So the challenge as I see it is not that human error takes place  but rather
once it occurs  how can this problem be solved and relationship be salvaged.

I am a little puzzled as to the logical fallacy here: as to why someone who
says if it were not for the mammography  that detected a tumour deep inside
I could not feel and may have  grown to stage 3 before I noticed , I could
have lost my life. I am grateful for the technology because it likely saved
my life... The person is not saying all people have tumours deep inside
cause I did and therefore they all need mammography they are only saying
that it worked for them to facilitate an important diagnosis. If a lot of
people around you  get these tumours though it would seem to make sense to
ask for screening????

If you are saying the poster commits a logical fallacy because she has based
her medical decisions on events rather than peer reviewed evidence it would
seem that she has considered the peer reviewed evidence as it was applied to
her by others a logical fallacy in that its operation allowed adverse events
and because she initially trusted medicine as a voice of authority and was
betrayed she turned the volume down...to her it is logical.

One way this could be overcome is by listening with a mind to hear without
preconceived filters so that the difference between knowing that and knowing
how can be bridged and the very real conflict can be resolved.

And when you say you have  personal examples  of no adverse deregistering
events happening due to mammography refusal and you say that you have non-
medical friend examples too...does this mean it could not possibly happen to
someone else ? Is this evidence based or is this a logical fallacy, please
explain as this has my head spinning... are you saying that patient examples
are logical fallacy but authority based physicians examples are not and that
the physician's friends in this example are exempt from logical fallacy
inclusion because they are covered by the relationship to the physician?

Many thanks

Amy