I am forwarding this e-mail to those who may be interested. St Augustine's Centre in Halifax helps many vulnerable people, particularly asylum seekers and refugees and runs ESOL classes. As far as I know it is the only place in Calderdale to do this brilliant work. Please help if you can.

Thank you.

Judith Boardman

----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Kate Fawcett
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2011 12:57 PM
Subject: Can you help St Augustine's Centre

Hello,
As some of you know the St. Augustine’s Centre aims to support individuals in helping to build a flourishing and loving community. We offer a safe sanctuary with a range of creative and educational resources and activities for all ages, and over the years the centre has become a place where many isolated and vulnerable people become fulfilled members of the community.

Due to the rise in running costs and increasing demand for our services, the Centre is struggling to meet our monthly bills.  We are therefore appealing for donations and sponsors through our Friends of St. Augustine’s scheme.  To find out more please get in touch with kate.fawcett@staugustinescentrehalifax.org.uk or [log in to unmask] .

STOP PRESS - Double your gift!

Until 2nd December donations made via our local giving page at www.localgiving.com/staugustinescentrehalifax will be doubled by Community Foundation for Calderdale (up to a total of £150).

We really will appreciate any help and please do forward this email on to friends and colleagues.

Thank you for your support.

Kate Fawcett
Community Support Development Worker
St. Augustine's Centre
Hanson Lane
Halifax
HX1 5PG
01422 342719

*********************************** ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds. To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html A quick guide to using Jiscmail lists can be found at: http://jiscmail.ac.uk/help/using/quickuser.htm To contact the list owner, send an email to [log in to unmask]