From: ESOL-Research discussion forum and message board [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Fortier, Anne-Marie
Sent: 21 November 2011 16:55
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: seeking participants for research

Dear members of the ESOL research discussion forum

My name is Anne-Marie Fortier and I am from the Sociology Department at Lancaster University. I am conducting a research on the citizenship naturalisation process, which is funded by the British Academy. My main research area is the North West of England. I shall begin my fieldwork in January 2010.
The reason I am writing to you is twofold:

1)      Part of the project involves observing 5  sessions of an ESOL with citizenship content class. I am looking for a school and a teacher in the North West of England, who would be willing to participate and to allow me to sit in on the classes. Attached is a short summary of what this involves. Be assured that anonymity of all people involved will be guaranteed. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. You can contact me by email or by phone (details below).

2)      I am also looking to interview some teachers who teach ESOL with citizenship content. As I don't want to over burden this email with attachments, please get in touch with me if you are interested in participating and I will send  you an invitation info sheet for the interviews (it is similar to the attached).

3)      I will also be looking to interview applicants. If you think that some of your students would be willing to participate later in the Spring of next year, I am happy for you to circulate this request to them.

Regards,

Anne-Marie Fortier, Reader in Social and Cultural Studies
Sociology Department and Centre for Gender and Women's Studies
Lancaster University
Lancaster LA1 4YT
tel.: +44-(0)1524-594-911
webpage: http://www.lancs.ac.uk/fass/sociology/profiles/24/

*********************************** ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds. To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html A quick guide to using Jiscmail lists can be found at: http://jiscmail.ac.uk/help/using/quickuser.htm To contact the list owner, send an email to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>