Hi
Further to the discussion on the video recording of  speaking and listening exams, I have just received a letter from the head of vocational assessment at Edexcel  sent out to all the quality nominees.  It states that after Dec 2011 only video evidence will be accepted and that it is for the purpose of identification of learners. Up until that date audio evidence will be accepted. I still question why it is essential to video learners for the purpose of identification for Edexcel exams only; all our learners are known to us and their identity checked at enrolment as I am sure is the case with all bona-fide providers. I appreciate that  bogus providers need to be stopped but is this really the right way of doing it?

Best wishes
Sue Mirams
ESOL Manager
Leicestershire Adult Learning Service
0116 2696924

ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds.
To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html
A quick guide to using Jiscmail lists can be found at:
http://jiscmail.ac.uk/help/using/quickuser.htm
To contact the list owner, send an email to