From: ESOL-Research discussion forum and message board [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Chris Taylor
Sent: 15 November 2011 08:20
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: research question re 16-19 year olds

Dear Laura

I’d be very interested in any evidence you discover on ESOL provision for 16-19 year olds, and particularly on progression.  NIACE has been commissioned by BIS to conduct research into learner progression, as part of a study of quality, learner progression and provision at pre-Entry levels.

The purpose of the project is to:

  1. Conduct research into the evidence on the quality of current ESOL provision
  2. Research the progression routes ESOL learners currently take, including progression to other types of adult learning and to employment
  3. Describe the alternative types of English language support available to learners at pre-entry and Entry 1 levels

So, let’s keep in touch.

I’m sure other colleagues have views on these issues?  I’d be very happy to hear from you.

With best wishes

Chris

Chris Taylor

Programme Manager - ESOL