From: ESOL-Research discussion forum and message board [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Chris Green
Sent: 14 November 2011 23:28
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: research question re 16-19 year olds

Does your FE establishment have a course specifically for 16-19 year old  migrant's children?  If so, have you completed any research on their progression through the FE system.  Have they achieved enrolment onto their chosen vocational course after their completion of the full time esol course.

I can find no research on this progression.  Although these students have destination codes, I am unsure if they are actually correct.  These students may be going sideways rather than forward up the academic scale.  i am doing an empirical research project and any information you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

laura Green

*********************************** ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds. To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html A quick guide to using Jiscmail lists can be found at: http://jiscmail.ac.uk/help/using/quickuser.htm To contact the list owner, send an email to [log in to unmask]

This e-mail is only for the use of the addressee. It may
contain information which is legally privileged, confidential and exempt from
disclosure. The content of this e-mail can in no way be taken to be
representative of the Oldham College Corporation. If you received this
communication in error, or if you have any comment or concern, please contact [log in to unmask]