From: ESOL-Research discussion forum and message board [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Doreen Chappell
Sent: 24 November 2011 08:05
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: ESOL Grade 1 Colleges

That's useful Catrin - maybe we need to look elsewhere too. It sounds as if we are similar to you - about the same learner numbers and staffing situation. Maybe we can compare notes if we discover somewhere appropriate?

Doreen

Skills for Life Manager

Leicester Adult Skills and Learning Service

01162 526591

 >>> Catrin Ashton <[log in to unmask]> 11/23/2011 10:24 pm >>>

I've been given the task of visiting some grade 1 ESOL departments so this info is very useful - thanks!

About Barnsley, when we looked into it we found they were a department of only two people with a relatively small programme. Please correct me if this is not the case. It is what we heard but I can't remember where from now. Anyway, we want to see somewhere with a similar programme to ours - 1000 odd students, lots of staff working in different centres...

Catrin