From: ESOL-Research discussion forum and message board [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Sue Mirams
Sent: 09 November 2011 13:05
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Edexcel Video Recordings

Hi

I am a great advocate of using a 'Flip'  handheld camcorder in class and all the tutors have one. However in the guidance given by Edexcel it specifically talks about a camera bing firmly mounted on a tripod (Instruction 9.18) although in (9.27)there is a note which  says a handheld device may be appropriate in some cases although there must be facilities to record sound at an appropriate level.

The other problem is that the handheld ones we have only record for 1 hour which is not enough in an exam situation when recording a large number of learners in one session.

Sue Mirams
ESOL Manager
 Leicestershire Adult Learning Service
0116 2696924

ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds.
To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html
A quick guide to using Jiscmail lists can be found at:
http://jiscmail.ac.uk/help/using/quickuser.htm
To contact the list owner, send an email to [log in to unmask]