Yes but there is also value in the IV/IVs visiting assessment occasions to see these 'live' . The EV would also like this but it depends when he can come. It depends also on your resources - i.e. personnel to record/video. Experimenting with CG was interesting for our tutors but we don't have the capacity to video everything and it's not clear enough without this for IV or EV. That is one reason why we have reverted to the majority of out provision using Trinity, retaining CG registration for appropriate circumstances.

Skills for Life Manager
Leicester Adult Skills and Learning Service
01162 526591

>>> Diana Tremayne <[log in to unmask]> 11/1/2011 12:48 pm >>>

The new G+G requirements do ask for all aspects to be recorded now. Our EV does listen to a sample of them - across a range of tasks and expects all to be recorded. I think it makes sense to record them anyway – surely you need to do this for IV purposes as well as EV?

Diana Tremayne

E2 ESOL Course Leader / Advanced Learning Practitioner

Calderdale College

Francis Street

Halifax

HX1 3UZ

Tel: 01422 357357 ext 9403

Calderdale College  Francis Street   Halifax   HX1 3UZ
01422 357357 email:[log in to unmask] www.calderdale.ac.uk

INSPIRING LEARNERS TO SUCCEED IN LIFE & IN WORK