Hi all,

I attended the Employability Staff Development Group meeting on Friday and was asked to share a number of reports that we at HECSU produce to help and inform careers advice and guidance at university.

What Do Graduates Do?

The first is the new edition of What Do Graduates Do? 2011 which was launched yesterday and can be downloaded for free from the HECSU website:

http://www.hecsu.ac.uk/research_reports_what_do_graduates_do_2011.htm

I was asked about whether the project What Do Postgraduates Do? will be updated and the answer is, yes! We will be updating the information early next year.

Real Prospects 2011

Earlier this year HECSU and Graduate Prospects launched an online survey, which asked employed and self-employed graduates to share their experiences of the world of work. We examined how graduates managed the transition from higher education to employment and asked what more universities could do to help students prepare for the world of work. You can download a copy of the employer and the higher education reports in pdf from the link below.

http://www.hecsu.ac.uk/2556.htm

Futuretrack

Futuretrack is our longitudinal study exploring how, when and why students make career decisions. Visit the HECSU website to find out more:

http://www.hecsu.ac.uk/futuretrack.htm

We are currently undergoing a revamp of the HECSU website so if you can’t find anything or would like more information, please email us at [log in to unmask]

HECSU also offer a new service which provides expertise in project research and development to all HE careers services. If you are interested in the research services that we provide then please contact us by email at [log in to unmask]

Kindest regards,

Jen Redman

HECSU

Jennifer Redman

                     Researcher, HECSU

Graduate Prospects

+44 (0)161 277 5265

:  direct line

Prospects House

+44 (0)161 277 5200

:  switchboard

Booth Street East

+44 (0)161 277 5250

:  fax

Manchester

:  email

M13 9EP

http://www.hecsu.ac.uk

:  web

http://www.prospects.ac.uk

http://www.futuretrack.ac.uk

Registered office:    Prospects House, Booth Street East, Manchester. M13 9EP

Registered number:    2626618 (England and Wales)

P   To subscribe to the Graduate Market Trend e-newsletter simply click the link below

http://marketingprod.prospects.ac.uk/mk/get/GMTREGISTER