Dear ECC team

As you will know I organised a strategy meeting for university stakeholders which took place in the iLab in Sept. The event very successfully pulled together an extraordinarily diverse range of people from commercial services, faculties, PVS, Student support, DARO, SU to name but a few.

This event was an effective way of raising the profile of employability, building support, generating ideas and gaining buy-in.

Some of the themes that emerged included:

·         Expanding frontrunners

·         Ensuring that students had a good CV

·         Finding new ways of talking about employability that make sense to staff and students

·         Switching students on to employability from day 1

Attached is the report.

There will be an opportunity to discuss this report at the next Senior Staff meeting.

I’m happy to chat to anyone about the event and the outcome.

Best wishes

Dave

Dave Stanbury

Director of Employability

Employability and Careers Centre

University of Essex, Wivenhoe Park

Colchester, CO4 3SQ

United Kingdom

01206 873221

Room 4.402

http://www.essex.ac.uk/bige/

The University of Essex is in the top 10 in the UK for research excellence.