Dear colleague,

Some of you may know about the longitudinal tracking study being conducted by the Institute for Employment Research at the University of Warwick, called Futuretrack - please see also,   http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/fac/soc/ier/futuretrack

The study has a four-stage structure; stage 1 was as (then prospective) students were applying to HE, stage 2 was a year or so later, stage 3 was in the spring of 2009 when many were approaching graduation and stage 4 is  ....actually NOW.

Stage 4 was always expected to be the most difficult and yet the most important.  Difficult, because we have relied upon email addresses to send the questionnaires out to respondents and we expect that many will have changed their email on leaving HE; important, because Futuretrack is the only study to have tracked career development from application to beyond graduation and will provide us with the most robust information about the process of career planning and development yet undertaken.

Those eligible to participate in Futuretrack are those who applied for a place HE in 2005/06, most of whom began in the Autumn of 2006 and are likely to have graduated in 2009, 2010 or 2011 and so will be in early employment now.  Some of the cohort will have progressed to postgraduate study or professional training.

If you are in contact with any of the Futuretrack cohort, we would be grateful if you could bring the final survey to their attention (brief article including links to more information is attached) and as an incentive, participants will be entered into a prize draw for £1,000 or £100 - every little helps!  The more respondents, the better the findings will be for us all.

Many thanks, Jane

PS apologies if anyone receives this message more than once.

Jane Artess

HECSU Director of Research

HECSU

+44 (0)161 277 5208

:  direct line

Prospects House

+44 (0)161 277 5200

:  switchboard

Booth Street East

+44 (0)161 277 5250

:  fax

Manchester

[log in to unmask] <mailto:c.tomkinson.ac.uk>

:  email

M13 9EP

http://www.hecsu.ac.uk

http://www.prospects.ac.uk

http://www.futuretrack.ac.uk

:  web

Registered office:    Prospects House, Booth Street East, Manchester. M13 9EP

Registered number:    2626618 (England and Wales)

P   To subscribe to the Graduate Market Trend e-newsletter simply click the link below

http://marketingprod.prospects.ac.uk/mk/get/GMTREGISTER <http://marketingprod.prospects.ac.uk/mk/get/GMTREGISTER>