  Disability History Month Scotland

*‘Celebrating Our Struggle **for Equality’*

National Conference

Saturday December 3^rd 2011

Moray House School of Education

University of Edinburgh

*For more details and to book a place contact us at
**http://disabilityhistorymonthscotland.or*
<http://disabilityhistorymonthscotland.org/>

Colin REvell wrote:
> Liz
>
> Here's a video about your project and other links:- http://vimeo.com/3177051
>
> http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&sugexp=ppwl&cp=10&gs_id=u&xhr=t&q=liz+crow+resistance&pq=liz+crow.+resistance&rlz=1R2SUNC_enGB398&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbo=u&tbm=vid&source=og&sa=N&tab=wv&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=50de6ded461f8f9d&biw=1067&bih=395
> <http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&sugexp=ppwl&cp=10&gs_id=u&xhr=t&q=liz+crow+resistance&pq=liz+crow.+resistance&rlz=1R2SUNC_enGB398&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbo=u&tbm=vid&source=og&sa=N&tab=wv&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=50de6ded461f8f9d&biw=1067&bih=395>
>
> FREEOURPEOPLE
>
> Colin Revell
>
>  > Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 10:56:03 +0000
>  > From: [log in to unmask]
>  > Subject: Disability History event
>  > To: [log in to unmask]
>  >
>  > Coming to the University of Bedford this Friday 22 November is the
> award-winning international touring exhibition by filmmaker Liz Crow.
> Resistance: which way the future? takes as its starting point the Nazi programme
> of mass-murder which targeted disabled people and became the blueprint for the
> larger holocaust. What turned doctors and nurses into killers? What stopped
> ordinary people from speaking out? And what does this history mean for all of us
> today?
>  > Over ten years in the making, the exhibition recently returned from its run
> at Washington DCʼs Kennedy Center, where a visitor wrote “One of the most
> powerful things I have ever experienced. I was so amazed by it, I went back to
> see it twice more. A month later it is still with me.”
>  >
>  > The opening drama follows the story of Elise, a patient who sweeps the
> institution in which she lives. She watches buses full of patients leave and
> return empty. When her turn comes, she knows what’s in store. Based on real
> events, this is the story of one woman’s resistance in the only way she could.
>  > Director Liz Crow says “This is an episode of history that is virtually
> hidden, yet the values that underpinned it still echo through disabled people’s
> lives today. We can’t change history, but we can learn how to influence the
> future. The events of the holocaust came to an end because ordinary people
> resisted. I want audiences to feel inspired to get involved, be effective and
> find the courage to be a part of change. Resistance deals in a difficult subject
> but is infused with a sense of possibility.”
>  >
>  > Resistance opens at the University of Bedford on Friday 22 November and runs
> until Thursday 15 December.
Open weekdays 9.00 to 12.00 and 13.00 to 16.00.

For evening and weekend bookings, please arrange with Natasha Reynolds on