*apologies for cross postings*

Call for Sessions (CFS)

Dear all,

We are pleased to announce our second call for sessions for the RGS-IBG 2012 Geographies of
Children, Youth and Families Research Group at the Annual Conference in July 2012 in
Edinburgh.

We seek sessions which speak strongly and creatively to the conference theme "Security of Geography/Geography of Security":

http://www.rgs.org/WhatsOn/ConferencesAndSeminars/Annual+International+Conference/Programme/AC2012+Theme.htm

As now well advertised, the conference will be smaller and thus the competition for accepted sessions might be tougher. As such, please note that sessions of more than two 1h40 slots are not being encouraged. Also sessions which use the conference exhibition space and seek to develop innovative 'add-ons' of one kind or another are welcome.

More details about proposing a session can be found here:

http://www.rgs.org/WhatsOn/ConferencesAndSeminars/Annual+International+Conference/Call+for+Sessions+and+Papers/Call+for+Sessions.htm

The RGS also encourages participants to think about setting up a field trip, possibly but not necessarily in conjunction with a session:

"Field experiences: The conference organisers welcome suggestions for field experiences in Edinburgh or Scotland based on the conference theme.  Please send your idea to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>."

Please note that we have revised our deadline for proposed sessions - please submit your proposals including Title, Convenors, Abstract,  Session Format and brief account of link to conference theme by 6th January 2012 to:

Caitlin O'Neill [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

The deadline for submitting sponsored sessions with full paper information is 23rd January 2012.

Further details about the Annual Conference 2012 can be found at:

www.rgs.org/AC2012<http://www.rgs.org/AC2012>

Please do not hesitate to get in touch should you have any queries regarding a possible session,

Thanks,

Caitlin

RGS-IBG 2012 Geographies of Children, Youth and Families Research Group