I've enjoyed this topic too, and hopes it stays on the list.  Maybe on these long discussions we shouldn't keep quoting all the earlier email, though.

That said, I ought to mention that Olympic National Park in Washington State has a gorgeous coastal hike, parts of which are periodically below tides.

And for a literary addition there's David Balfour's stranding on Erraid in RL Stevenson's Kidnapped.

all the best,
David