I am the Social Media Liaison for the Gender and Minority Affairs Committee (GMAC) of the Society for Historical Archaeology. SHA plans on creating a blog that will go live in January 2012. Each committee is being asked to provide content for that blog. In order to make our content as meaningful and relevant as possible to SHA members and the archaeological community, we are looking for feedback from you. We want to learn about the history of the Gender and Minority Affairs Committee and SHA members involvement in the committee.  We have provided a few questions for that might provide us with relevant blog topics for future posts. Please answer the questions below as you feel comfortable doing so and as they pertain to your experience in the profession of archaeology in general or SHA GMAC more specifically. You can send all responses to me at [log in to unmask]. If you do not feel comfortable answering a question or you do not feel that it is relevant to your experiences, please feel free to skip it. If you would like us to refrain from disclosing your identity on the blog, we will be more than willing to do so, just state that in your response email. The survey questions are as follows:

What is your current position?

What is your gender/ethnic/ability information (if you would like to disclose)?

What has been your role played in the Gender and Minority Affairs Committee in the past or currently?

What has SHA accomplished in terms of diversity/gender and minority affairs issues?

What has the field of archaeology accomplished in terms of diversity/gender and minority affairs issues?

What do you think still needs to be done?

What are your research interests (past and/or current)?

Please circulate this email to anyone of interest.

I want to thank you in advance for taking the time to participate in this project. It will be very valuable in helping us ensure that our blog topics are relevant to members of the archaeological community. Again, if you would like for your identity not to be disclosed please be sure to mention that in your response email. If there is anything else that you would like to add that may not have been included in your responses to the questions above, but that you feel would be of benefit to our blog, please feel free to include that in your email response as well.

Thanks again,
--
Barbara A. Hines, M.A., RPA
Outreach Coordinator ~ North Central Region

--
Jodi Barnes, Ph.D.

Staff Archaeologist/GIS Coordinator

State Historic Preservation Office
8301 Parklane Road
Columbia, SC 29223-4905

803-896-6181

-------------------------- contemp-hist-arch is a list for news and events in contemporary and historical archaeology, and for announcements relating to the CHAT conference group. ------- For email subscription options see: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/archives/contemp-hist-arch.html ------- Visit the CHAT website for more information and for future meeting dates: http://www.contemp-hist-arch.ac.uk --------------------------