   I'll jump in here, and avoid the question entirely.

   Since running MR on an isomorphous crystal gives the same answer as just
stuffing in the model and running some rigid body refinement, however you decide
to handle your R free flags, you should do the same thing in both cases.  The
model is the same.

Dale Tronrud