On Nov 21, 2011, at 3:04 PM, Filip Van Petegem wrote:

> So the question is: how you can state that a particular movement was 'significantly large' compared to the resolution limit?

I can think of a different but related question. How significant is a particular movement compared to a measured coordinate error? One way to measure the coordinate error in this example is to least-squares superpose the two instances of the domain in question and calculate the rmsd.

This makes the calculation of significance independent of the resolution of the data set.

James