We have seen such behaviour connected to temperature fluctuations.

Jan

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 6:04 PM, Harman, Christine <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi All,
I have just noticed a very strange thing and need some help in understanding it.  I recently found two crystals in a condition from a screen (0.05M Calcium chloride dihydrate, 0.1M M Bis-Tris pH6.5 and 30% PEG MME 550).  The small crystals appeared after a month and started to grow over the next 5 days after I first saw them (see pictures attached).  I just check the same drop today and now the crystals are gone.  So I was wondering what happened and if anyone experienced this before.  Any insight or advice on what to do would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Christine

Small                           5 days later

--
Jan Dohnalek, Ph.D
Institute of Macromolecular Chemistry

Tel: +420 296 809 390