Hasanyone answered this?

Possibilities
1) COOt by default may have written your CD to another coordinate file -
usually called PointerAtoms.pdb

2) You got the atom into the pdb you want to refine but it is wrongly
labelled.

You need
ATOM    471  N   ASP A  81      23.896   6.780   5.956  1.00 60.81..

the atom label moved to the left, and the residue to be called CD and
the atom type (last entry on ATOM line) to be CD
ATOM    471 CD   CD  A  81      23.896   6.780   5.956  1.00 60.81..

The residue number must be different from any existing residue..

The REFMAC log will trell you what it disliked, but not very well marked..