On 11/28/11 12:04 PM, Harman, Christine wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
Hi All,
I have just noticed a very strange thing and need some help in understanding it.  I recently found two crystals in a condition from a screen (0.05M Calcium chloride dihydrate, 0.1M M Bis-Tris pH6.5 and 30% PEG MME 550).  The small crystals appeared after a month and started to grow over the next 5 days after I first saw them (see pictures attached).  I just check the same drop today and now the crystals are gone.  So I was wondering what happened and if anyone experienced this before.  Any insight or advice on what to do would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Christine

Small                           5 days later

Hi Christine,
I had similar experience. In my case, another crystal showed again with different size a few days later. Sometimes, it seems like it is a common event to others as well as I heard although my case only takes about a week to be crystallized.  I'd rather wait or just set up again or in a slightly different way.

Wish you well.

Young-Jin