> Dear Crystallographers,
>
> is there a ccp4 program--or otherwise--which can compute ca-ca
> distances of corresponding residues between two superposed structures?

You mean to produce something like this?
http://xray.bmc.uu.se/usf/pics/distplot_1chr.gif

That can be done with LSQMAN - http://xray.bmc.uu.se/usf/lsqman_man.html#S65

Of course, there are lots of other interesting metrics and plots to assess
structural differences between two models -
http://xray.bmc.uu.se/usf/lsqman_man.html#H17

One of my favourite ones is the CD plot, for comparing multiple models, which
looks a bit like a gel: http://xray.bmc.uu.se/usf/pics/cdplot_1ldn.gif

For other options, see http://xray.bmc.uu.se/usf/lsqman_man.html#H19

--DVD

                            Gerard J. Kleywegt

       http://xray.bmc.uu.se/gerard   mailto:[log in to unmask]
    The opinions in this message are fictional.  Any similarity
    to actual opinions, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
    Little known gastromathematical curiosity: let "z" be the
    radius and "a" the thickness of a pizza. Then the volume
             of that pizza is equal to pi*z*z*a !