CAS members may be interested in this meeting of our sister group - the Computer Conservation Society.  (Sounds fascinating - I wish I was in London!!)

Begin forwarded message:

From: "BCS Computer Conservation Society" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 15 November 2011 6:25:47 PM AEST
Subject: REMINDER - CCS Meeting Thursday Nov 17th

Dear Fellow Members

Our November meeting brings us one of Europe’s leading computer historians, Pierre Mounier-Kuhn, who will address the controversial question of how computer science emerged as a discipline and what it has become. As the UK debates the future pattern of teaching of IT and computing at all levels this lecture will help us understand how the academic discipline developed.

As usual the meeting will be held in the Fellows Library of the Science Museum, London SW7 starting at 2.30PM. The room will be open from 2PM to meet fellow members.

Our meetings are open to all free of charge so feel free to pass on this invitation to others who may be interested in this meeting or other CCS activities.

The remainder of the advance programme can be found at http://www.computerconservationsociety.org/lecture.htm

I look forward to seeing you at what promises to be an interesting afternoon.

Good wishes

Roger Johnson
CCS Programme Secretary

====
Paul Brown - based in OZ Oct 2011 to Mar 2012
OZ Landline +61 (0)7 3391 0094 == USA fax +1 309 216 9900
OZ Mobile +61 (0)419 72 74 85 == Skype paul-g-brown
====
Synapse Artist-in-Residence - Deakin University
Honorary Visiting Professor - Sussex University
====