Google analytics is a good place to start - easy to set up, easy to install but needs some learning to understand what's what.

Installation etc. is covered in the Release Notes for SP6.

BBStats look good but haven't been convinced it isn't a hit on the database.

Tried ASTRO but it didn't fit in with our naming conventions for courses.

Paul