From: Blackboard/Courseinfo userslist [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Deeprose M. [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 15 November 2011 13:46
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Your Course Deletion Policy

Hi All

This old chestnut… how long do you keep your courses on your Blackboard server available to staff/students?

I’ve been asked to find out what is going on in other UK institutions.  There was a thread about this in the US based sysadmin list last year and the average was 5 years.  I’m looking for the UK perspective.

We are about to seek guidance from the University here on what the business requires.  We are suggesting six years as a straw man and will see what comes back.

Cheers!

Matt

_____
-Matthew Deeprose