Colleagues

I’m trying to see if anyone else is experiencing the same bb weirdness.

We have a case where an academic has deployed an MCQ test – 64 questions randomised to 30 multiple choice, all at once presentation, forced completion on, against the clock (1 hour) multiple attempts not allowed.

What we are investigating is a persistent number of students (out of 240) who claim that when they begin the test it reports that they have already completed it. The academic is having to clear the attempt so many times they want to abandon the BB tests completely which is a poor outcome for something that shouldn’t be that complicated.

We’re trying to rule out user error (inadvertent use of the browser back button thereby leaving the session – the students swear blind they are going into the test for the first time) but can’t rule this out completely. So far BB haven’t got back to me as to a likely cause (sent through all the session and tomcat logs).

Anyone else experienced anything like this?

Martin Lynch

Learning Systems Manager

University of Glamorgan

01443 483764