Apologies for cross posting
Preservation Assessment Survey Workshop
Tuesday 10 January 2012
The British Library Centre for Conservation
96 Euston Road, London NW1 2DB
Designed for library and archive staff, the workshop introduces the Preservation Assessment Survey methodology and demonstrates the benefits of carrying out a survey. No previous knowledge of preservation is required. Participants will learn to:
•	plan a survey
•	select a statistically valid sample
•	assess the condition of collection items
•	identify factors affecting their preservation.
There will be ample opportunity for discussion.
"I got a much better background on the purpose and scope of the surveys. They provide a great evidence base for advocacy”
The Preservation Assessment Survey (PAS) has been used by over 300 libraries and archives in the UK and Ireland since its launch in 2001. Participants have successfully used the results to support funding bids and to inform internal planning and budgeting for preservation.
Programme
11.00	Welcome
11.15	Introducing the Survey: development and methodology
12.15	Practical exercise: selecting a sample
13.30	Lunch
14.15	Practical exercise: collection item assessment
15.30	Database demonstration
16.00	Finish

Location Details: http://www.bl.uk/aboutus/quickinfo/loc/stp/index.html
Booking Form: http://www.bl.uk/blpac/pasworkshop2.html

Please feel free to contact we if you have any enquires about the survey or how it can be applied.
Thank you
Julia Foster

For up to date information on forthcoming workshops and free visits
please see the online ARLIS/UK & Ireland Events Calendar 2011 at
http://www.arlis.org.uk/