The Wallace Correspondence Project at the Natural History Museum, London, was planning to use crowdsourcing for mass transcription. I don't know if that's still the current plan, but it might be worth inquiring with them at:

http://wallaceletters.info/

Kind regards,

Anna-K Mayer

Hi,

I'm interested to know if anyone can point me towards any UK examples of public access historical document transcription projects using crowdsourcing technologies.  I have already seen Old Weather and UCL's transcibe Bentham but haven't come across much else.  Maybe I'm not looking hard enough?

Any examples gratefully received.

Many thanks

Rachel

Rachel MacGregor