Dear Ahmad - good to know that you have joined ARAN. I'm very pleased to hear that you are studying for your Ph.D. at the Norwegian University of Life Sciences. You may have met Sigrid Gjøtterud from the University of Life Sciences and read her 2011 doctoral study on Developing Guiding Encounters in Practical and Didactic Education: Action Research in Teacher Educators’ Practice. I'm going to be with Sigrid at a conference in Bergen, Norway this coming week on the 16-17 November, to present a keynote and participate in workshops on Research on Teacher Education. You can access my notes for the keynote at:

http://www.actionresearch.net/writings/jack/jw16-11-11bergen2011.pdf

You will see that I reference the links to ARAN and to the Transformative Education/al Studies Project in South Africa.

I'm looking forward to reading about your research and to learning more about your work in Tanzania. I do hope that you will respond to Lesley's invitation to tell us something about your research.

Love Jack.

On 13 Nov 2011, at 12:46, Wood, Lesley (Prof) (Summerstrand Campus South) wrote:

> wonderful and welcome Ahmed.  Won't you justtell us a little about your research?
> Regards
> Lesleyx

When Martin Dobson, a colleague in the Department of Education
at the University of Bath, died in 2002 the last thing he said to me
was 'Give my Love to the Department'. In the 20 years I'd worked with
Martin it was his loving warmth of humanity that I recall with great life
affirming pleasure and I'm hoping that in Love Jack we can share this
value of common humanity.

Professor Jack Whitehead
Liverpool Hope University
Hope Park
Liverpool L16 9JD                     Email: [log in to unmask]
				                  Web: http://www.actionresearch.net

Visiting Fellow, University of Bath.

See the Educational Journal of Living Theories (EJOLTS) at:
http://ejolts.net/