*        http://www.anthropologymatters.com            *
* A postgraduate project comprising online journal,    *
* online discussions, teaching and research resources  *
* and international contacts directory.                *

CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST

The Postgraduate Forum on Genetics and Society (PFGS) is calling for
expressions of interest in hosting Regional Meetings during the
academic year 2011-12. Thanks to generous funding from the ESRC via
the Genomics Forum, we are able to offer small grants of up to £400
for postgraduates to host Regional Meetings at their home
institutions.

Regional Meetings are designed as informal events for postgraduate and
postdoctoral researchers from across the UK to come together in a
small, supportive environment to exchange ideas, generate new
questions, and develop connections between postgraduate and early
career researchers in the life, health and social sciences.

Meetings may be focussed on any topic broadly related to genetics and
society, or the methodologies used to research this area. In
particular, we would welcome hearing from those doing research in the
health and biological sciences, as these areas have been generally
under-represented. Events, however, should be of interest to a wide
range of disciplines.

To apply, send an abstract of no more than 300 words in the first
instance to [log in to unmask]  by November 15th, 2011. The abstract
should outline your proposed title, the subject and format of your
day, and the venue and possible dates.

The PFGS was founded in 1998 to provide a supportive network for
postgraduate researchers from a variety of disciplines who are
exploring questions around the intersection of bioscience and society.
For more details about PFGS, who we are and what we do, visit the PFGS
blog at http://pfgs.wordpress.com.

Stevienna de Saille & Rachel Douglas-Jones
PFGS Co-chairs

Please circulate freely.