Dear all-stat users. I have a doubt regarding the hypothesis tests
procedure. I am doing some mean tests in SPSS, using data from a survey.
The survey has weights (expansion factors) that allows to reproduce the
population data.

My question is: do the weight should be applied when I use the mean tests?
Conceptually I understand that hypothesis tests check consistency of
parameters using sample data. In other words our decision to not reject or
reject the parameter established in the null hypothesis is derived from the
data on the sample.

thanks for your time!

--
Rodrigo Briceņo