My colleague Dr Vikki Janke has asked me to post this notice. Responses from Deaf individuals or institutions who teach languages to Deaf individuals, or simply tips on how to find such people, would be welcome!

Dr Vikki Janke at the University of Kent is a linguist, who is interested in how learners of foreign languages change the way in which they mentally store words, and components of words, with increasing second language fluency. At present she is concentrating on learners of French at A level and beyond. In order to make a distinction between visual and aural processing, she would like to include profoundly deaf learners of French in her experiment. The experimental task only takes 20 minutes, and she would  pay travel expenses (within the South East) for potential participants, and they  would also receive a £30 Amazon voucher as a thank you for their time. Participants must be native Deaf individuals, who have an A-Level standard of French or above. Any interested parties, or anyone with tips on how to find them, please contact Vikki (not the sender of this message) on [log in to unmask].  Vikki does have Stage 2 British Sign Language, but is more than a little rusty, having achieved this qualification over 10 years ago!

Damien Hall