Hi all,

We have been encountering a problem with false positive results on the Beckman AccuTnI. This has meant that we have been repeating analysis on all positive result to check agreement before releasing results. The hit rate is approximately 2% of all positive samples. Beckman’s main suggestion for this caprice is that it is a result of “microclots” floating around due to insufficient time being allowed for the blood to clot before spinning. However, about 80% of the samples in which we’ve found this have been from heparin bottles.

The upshot of this is that the turn-around time for positive results is increased, not to mention the additional cost of repeating tests that are in agreement 98% of the time

Have any other users of this system encountered the same problem?

Regards,

Iain

Dr Iain Woodrow,

Clinical Scientist,

Department of Clinical Biochemistry,

Pinderfields General Hospital,

Wakefield.

(01924) 317061

------ACB discussion List Information-------- This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry. Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content. ACB Web Site http://www.acb.org.uk Green Laboratories Work http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk List Archives http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ACB-CLIN-CHEM-GEN.html List Instructions (How to leave etc.) http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/ ------ACB discussion List Information-------- This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry. Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content. ACB Web Site http://www.acb.org.uk Green Laboratories Work http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk List Archives http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ACB-CLIN-CHEM-GEN.html List Instructions (How to leave etc.) http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/