I know some people on this list are into Second Life…

Subject: New issue Metaverse Creativity

Metaverse banner

Metaverse cover

Metaverse Creativity

Intellect is delighted to announce the publication of the second issue of Metaverse Creativity (1.2)

Metaverse Creativity is committed to an examination of creativity in the user defined online virtual worlds known as the metaverse. The pursuit of creative activity has become the most prevalent reason for residency in a simulated world such as Second Life®, as it is an intrinsically unstructured environment which allows for creative freedom. The journal examines artistic output within a metaverse whilst also discussing other disciplines that make up virtual worlds, such as fashion, architecture, landscaping and object design.

In this issue, Laura Beloff explores the relationship between body attachments worn by the 'real' self and the avatar self, exploring the concept of self as performance. Mehrdad Garousi examines the impact of new fractional dimensions on the metaverse and Mario Gerosa looks at the avatar as a new primary form of art. Katerina Karoussos and Dew Harrison question the notions of identity and reality in an era of new perceptions of human space, while in her article on hallucination in relation to computer simulation, Jennifer Kanary Nikolov questions the idea of a 'reality disorder' and asks, what is true perception?

Subscribe to this journal...

View the full contents and abstracts for issue 1.2 ...

For further information, please visit the journal's page online. If you're interested in contributing to future issues please visit the call for papers page. Alternatively contact Nicola Reisner.

View the first issue of Metaverse Creativity FREE online ...

Check out Metaverse Creativity Editor Elif Ayiter's article in our new Visual Arts supplement

Are you interested in Intellect or our publications? Find us online...

Web | Blog | Facebook | Twitter