Aloha,

On 11/9/2011 9:15 AM, Paul Huson wrote:

>Well, I'm not really familiar enough with Seinfeld either, but sounds about right

The Morganwg/Seinfeld link up allows me to segue into an
observation about the variety of different sorts of media
via which these historical/pseudo-historical/world view-ish
conversations get carried along.

Nudged by the Holy Blood Holy Grail mentions, I took a quick
surf of internet resources to buff up my dim recollections.
(Honestly, I never got any jolt from the HBHG thingy, even
though some of my pals got a lot of enthusiasm up. At best,
I may have idly skimmed the book, telling myself it will
make the Catholic Church squirm. The whole agit-prop and
Oops! we took pseudo and forged sources for real just
went over my head while I was preoccupied looking for UFOs.)

The Wikipedia article pointed out that a good deal of this
HBHG conversation took place and continues in the making
and distribution of television shows. In many places over
many years.

Now this basically academic and intellectual list has members
from several continents. I'm pretty sure that I'm not gonna
be able to see (or would even think of seeing) an important
HBHG TV show out of the UK or Australia, let alone Germany,
France, or Brazil or wherever.

I guess that I mean that it's probably increasingly challenging
just to get all or most of the ducks even in the same pond,
let alone in a row. Academically speaking, where we do prefer
to gather and review the resources as an embarkation step
to going toward useful and critical conclusions.

Is there such a thing as an academically respectable You Tube,
for instance?

I'm mulling this because I do favor open access strongly,
but I'm getting that access is not the all of it. Authors
(and I get this from the skool of hard knocks) are not
the same as TV producers or writers.

And bandwidth does cost. Just as printed and ebooks do.

Musing Recollections Of Watched TV Shows Past, Or,
Could Crusader Rabbit Be My Petite Madelein? Rose,

Pitch