Norman. Are you interested in providing your own he level accredited modules or programmes? I'd be happy to talk about taking this or research in to work based and professional learning forward. Best wishes Pauline

Sent from my BlackBerry smartphone from Virgin Media

From: norman jackson <[log in to unmask]>
Sender: Work Integrated Learning Network <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 09:14:55 +0100
To: <[log in to unmask]>
ReplyTo: Work Integrated Learning Network <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: sustaining sceptres work

Sustaining SCEPTrE's work on 'Learning to be
Professional', 'Creativity' & 'Lifewide Education'
Dear colleagues
You may remember that the Surrey Centre for Excellence in Professional Training & Education which I led, closed at the end of March. All of its resources are preserved on the SCEPTrE website and wikis but I am hoping to sustain some of the enterprises that SCEPTrE was involved in through a new venture - Lifewide Education Community Interest Company - a not for profit community-based organisation set up to promote lifewide learning and education http://lifewideeducation.co.uk . Through this organisation I am hoping to continue to support three areas of work. I welcome your involvement in any of these enterprises.

Learning to be Professional e-book and wiki
This website hosts recordings of seminars and nearly 30 chapters to an e-book. Lifewide Education CIC will maintain this website and the knowledge sharing enterprise it supports as long as people are prepared to contribute to it.  Several new chapters will be published in the next few months around the theme of personal professionalism. The first contribution (October 2011) is by Richard Beale who proposes a model for personal professionalism to stimulate thinking and discussion.
Creativity in higher education
This website was created for the imaginative curriculum network. Lifewide Education CIC will maintain this website and the knowledge sharing enterprise it supports. The most recent contribution is on the theme of 'Developing personal creativity through lifewide education' (July 2011).
 Lifewide Education
The most important outcome of SCEPTrE's work was a deeper appreciation of the value to students of designs that enable them to integrate their formal and informal learning experiences and gain recognition for more holistic personal development. This is the area where I have tried to promote the behaviours and processed that underlie PDP. A book summarising what was learnt through the SCEPTrE project has now been published. 'Learning for a Complex World: A lifewide concept of learning, education and personal development' Authorhouse. If you are interested in joining our campaign to promote lifewide education please get in touch.

best wishes
norman jackson
the whole of life is learning therefore education can have no ending.
visualising and sharing knowledge