From: Kirsty Bond <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Reading classroom learning - a springboard for teaching assistants - 21st October 2011
Date: Thursday, October 6, 2011, 3:42 PM

Dear Colleague,  Are you interested in enabling your teaching support staff to have more of an impact upon pupil attainment?   Research shows that while Teaching Assistants help with pupil engagement there is very often no positive impact on pupils’ attainment. To be sure that you get best value from your Teaching Assistants’ contributions why not book a place for a member of your support staff on our ‘Reading Classroom Learning’ workshop so that they get practical help with: Ø  Making the most of lesson planningØ  Knowing when to hold back and when to interveneØ  Understanding why and how collaboration works for pupilsØ  Spotting and using different kinds of talkØ  Being good at being coached and contributing to other people’s learning  Follow the link to book a place http://www.curee.co.uk/node/2464   Or why not contact us to find out about running the workshop in-house?   Best Wishes Lisa   Lisa BradburyPrincipal
 Professional Learning Manager  (Sent on behalf of Lisa Bradbury)   Kirsty Bond Business AdministratorCUREE Ltd4 Copthall House Station Square Coventry CV1 2FL T: 024 7652 4036F: 024 7663 [log in to unmask] www.curee.co.uk