Do try Spielberg’s ‘The Adventures of Tintin’, then.

Penny McCarthy

From: Sidney-Spenser Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Joel Davis
Sent: 29 October 2011 05:09
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Fwd: fun quote via mediev-l

Cross-posted, but what the hell...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Linde B. <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 2:59 PM
Subject: fun quote via mediev-l
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>

This just appeared on Mediev-l, posted by Paul Halsall:

By a former student:

First came "1492: Conquest of Paradise", and I didn't speak out
because I wasn't (yet) a Latin Americanist. Then came "Braveheart",
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Medievalist. Then came
"300", and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Classicist. Then came
"Anonymous", and I acted surprised because I obviously have zero
pattern recognition.

Linde

~<>~~<>~~<>~~<>~~<>~

Linde M. Brocato

There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.

--
Joel B Davis

Coordinator, MA Program in English

Membership Coordinator, SFU chapter, AAUP

English Department

Stetson University

421 N Woodland Blvd Unit 8300

DeLand, FL 32720