Dear all,

I know Polina a little.  She is an an outstanding singer, and her ethnomusicological research sounds very interesting indeed.  Her two ensembles have received great acclaim in Berlin, where Polina lived until recently.  I cannot recommend this too highly.

All the best,

Robert

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Polina Proutskova <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: 26 October 2011 16:39:09 GMT+01:00
> To: Polina Proutskova <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: 29 Nov at Pushkin House: Traditional Russian Songs - lecture and concert by Polina Prouskova
>

> Traditional Russian Songs - lecture and concert by Polina Proutskova
>

> Russia was once a landscape of manifold and lively local musical traditions, mostly extinct today. The intense, open, endlessly flowing sound of a village song that developed and crystallized through centuries informed many Russian composers from Glinka to Stravinsky. In today’s Russia more than 2 million people are involved in the folklore revival movement.
>
> Polina Proutskova, ethnomusicologist and a performer of Russian traditional songs, introduces the audience to Russian traditional music and guides it through various genres and local traditions.
>
> When: 29 November 2011, 19:30
>
> Where: Pushkin House, 5a Bloomsbury Square, London, WC1A 2TA
>
> In English
> Tickets: £7/£5
>
> Facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=193905627350814&pending&context=create
> Pushkin House link: http://www.pushkinhouse.org/en/events/traditional-russian-songs
>

> Polina's home page: http://www.proutskova.de
> Ensemble Polynushka: http://www.polynushka.de
> Polina's field recordings from Northern Russia at the EVIADA electronic archive:http://www.eviada.org/collection.cfm?mc=7&ctID=42

Robert Chandler, 42 Milson Road, London, W14 OLD