Followers of this list will be interesting in this workshop on Data Citation at eResearch Australasia.
From: [log in to unmask] [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Stuart Hungerford [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 07 October 2011 00:21
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ands-general] Data citation workshop announcement...

Building a Culture of Research Data Citation
Workshop at eResearch Australasia 2011

Thursday 10 November 2011: 9:00-12:30

http://conference.eresearch.edu.au/registration/

The Australian National Data Service (ANDS) is currently developing a
service called "Cite My Data" [1], which uses the international
DataCite infrastructure [2] to support the citation of Australian
research sector datasets.  The DataCite infrastructure is built on the
Digital Object Identifier (DOI) system [3]--widely used for citation
and tracking of scholarly publications.  The ANDS Cite My Data service
will allow Australian research data publishers and users to uniquely
identify research data and cite data from publications or other
datasets [4].

ANDS is hosting a workshop at the eResearch Australasia 2011
conference based around data citation and the Cite My Data service.
The workshop is designed for data publishers and users in the research
sector who need to gain a deeper understanding of the issues and
technologies around data citation and the ways data citation can be
supported at their organizations.

Highlights of the workshop include:

- An overview of the DataCite initiative from Jan Brase, Managing
Agent of DataCite

- An overview of ANDS services related to data citation and tracking

- A practical look at the ANDS Cite My Data service

- Experience reports from institutions currently implementing data
citation policies

- Opportunity for question and answers with key ANDS and DataCite
representatives

The workshop will be held on Thursday 10 November 2011 (during the
conference workshop days) from 9:00-12:30. Conference registration is
available at http://conference.eresearch.edu.au/registration/.