Hello all,

Following the success of the first Science Showoff, where the pub was full to bursting and the audience were bursting with delight, we are back next Tuesday with the second ever Science Showoff.

We have ten performers lined up. Adam Strang will be demonstrating the eye-watering effects of super-hot chillies and Suze Kundu will be cooling things down with a helping of liquid nitrogren-chilled ice cream. Oliver Broadbent will transport us back to the world of Victorian engineering and we guarantee at least one Star Wars joke from compere Steve Cross*.

So please come along to The Wilmington Arms, 69 Rosebery Avenue, at 7pm on Tuesday 1st November. Entry is free but do give generously to our chosen charity this month, Fitzrovia Youth in Action. Last month we raised £226.38 for The Holborn Community Association - can you beat that amount next week?

Louise
@ScienceShowoff

*not a guarantee
********************************************************************** Further information about the psci-com discussion list, including list archive, can be found at the list web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/psci-com.html You may also change your settings and subscribe/unsubscribe to psci-com from the web site.

Psci-com is part of the National Academic Mailing List Service, known as 'JISCMail'. It adheres to the JISCMail Acceptable Use Policy: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/acceptableuse.html and to the JISCMail guidelines for etiquette: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/etiquette.html

Email commands: 1. To suspend yourself from the list, whilst on leave, for example, send an email to mailto:[log in to unmask] with the following message:

set psci-com mail -- [include hyphens]

leave psci-com -- [include hyphens]

Please allow up to 24 hours for these commands to activate. Remember that you will need to send commands using the same email address that you used to register on psci-com. To contact the Psci-com list owner, please send an email to: [log in to unmask]