 Dear Colleagues,

Apologies for cross posting but if you could forward this conference information to anyone you think might be interested I would be very grateful. Many thanks, Laura

Practice Transfer Partnership: Strategic Regional Working with Schools and Colleges in STEM

First Campus would like to invite you to attend the Launch Conference for the Practice Transfer Partnership on Tuesday 15th November 2011, at the Glamorgan Conference Centre, University of Glamorgan Treforest campus, South East Wales.

This innovative Conference is funded through the HE STEM Wider initiative. The conference's target audience is HEI's across England and Wales who would like to work in STEM Outreach and would benefit from advice and guidance.

The Conference will also provide a poster session, where HEIs, FE Colleges and other providers will have the opportunity to promote, and share information about, the work that they do with schools and colleges on STEM subjects.

Timetable:
9.30am Coffee and registration
10am Welcome: Helen Marshall, Pro Vice-Chancellor -
Academic Development & Quality, University of Glamorgan
10.10am Overview of the PTP Programme
Kathryn Maddy, First Campus Manager
Laura Roberts, First Campus STEM Coordinator
10.30am Why do we do Outreach?
Dr Suzy Kean, Dr Tom Crick and Dr Kelly BeruBe
11.15am Why do we do Outreach? Student Ambassadors
11.30am Break
11.50am See Science/STEM Ambassadors
Sian Ashton, SeeScience
12.10pm RAP Science with Jon Chase
12.40pm Lunch & Networking
1.30pm Breakout Session 1
2.10pm Breakout Session 2
2.50pm Plenary
3pm Depart

There is no charge for the conference and places are allocated on a first come basis. We are able to reimburse any reasonable transport costs.

We hope this event will be of interest to you and would be grateful if you could also forward the Conference details to other colleagues who may wish to attend.

For further information or conference registration please contact Melanie Aitchison at the Centre for Lifelong Learning, University of Glamorgan on 01443 482325 or email [log in to unmask]<mailto:mjaitchi%40glam.ac.uk>

.