I enjoyed this piece a lot David . although i would (perhaps) have liked more from the hint of promised rhyme that you set beautifully into play at the outset and throughout the second stanza . still i understand it could have become an unsutainable burden and broken many lines that are simply stand alone wonder . i take particular pleasure from "in steep sunk sleep, a cud of dreams" "this herd had never heard" and "forwards into night-buttoned, carbon," although the syllabics in that latter line could be revised to tighten those places where the eight and six counts break and that's my biggest question (not problem but a question) about the poem?

a site-responsive poem . i appreciate that