Is the whole or life poetry?
Ploudspeaker

-----Original Message-----
From: Poetryetc: poetry and poetics [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of cris cheek
Sent: 18 October 2011 17:39
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Spoken Word

Indeed Douglas,

poetry performs both on and off the page . . to echo another loudspeaker

cris

On Oct 18, 2011, at 12:29 PM, Douglas Barbour wrote:

> Ah, I well remember the PhD thesis on this I sat in on.  It's its own
form, I believe, & that's fine. But to somehow think that 'page' poetry
(whatever that is meant to mean) has nothing to do with speech, or with
'performance, seems to me a bit one-sided, shall we say?

> Good poetry will perform, as will good poets (otherwise why do we attend
poetry readings?).

> Doug
> On 2011-10-18, at 10:05 AM, Patrick McManus wrote:
>
>> As the most ignorant here am getting confused between Spoken Word Artist
-or
>> actor -or performance poet which  seem rather more usual terms
>> Patrick aged wordsmither

If

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b015nhzq/The_Verb_Verb_New_Voices_Phili
>> p_Langeskov_Professor_Karmadillo_Evaluating_Spoken_Word_Poetry/

>>> poem.

> Douglas Barbour
>
> http://www.ualberta.ca/~dbarbour/
> http://eclecticruckus.wordpress.com/